Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence 9.0.1 - Presence Viewer - Presence Status Unknown

lukedp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am having difficulty with ip phones adn jabber CSF devices displaying their presence status in IM and Presence viewer. The Phone lines associated to the device as showing up as Presence Status:Unknown.

I have configured IM and Presence 9.0 and CUCM 9.0 to Cisco standards

I have made sure that the phones have associate line numbers to them

I have seen mixed opions from other thread about the Subscribe Calling Search Space. in my environment i have several CSS such as internal for all internal ip phone device and services. i have also place these css into a route group.

will i need to apply this route group and css to the sip connection or should i leave it default?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok I did further testing since I had the same problem in my lab.

To skip the technical stuff the problem is that  the user 'presencevieweradmin' exists in IMDB database but not with the correct information. So when we query the DB that users is not pulled out.  Hence we cannot use presenceviewer anymore

One way to fix it is to delete the user from the application users page in CUP. Next time you go to the presence viewer pages and try to do a presence lookup that user will be recreated hopefully with the correct information.

That worked in my case so you guys can try it out as well.

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the SIP trunk between them has a CSS that allows you to monitor those phones.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for the tips so far, I have tried applying a CSS to the subscribe calling search space under sip and I am yet to see a notification change under presence viewer. Does my sip trunk require a route pattern similar to my external sip trunk to function or. Is the presence features separate from this.

Hi,

Can you please explain what kind of presence problems you have?

Thx,

Christos

Hello Christos,

The problems I am experiencing is phones failing to display a line status such as available, busy "on a call".

Thanks!

Is this happening only to presence viewer or you really get NO presence information on the client side as well ? (jabber)

If you don't get any presence information I would not focus on the CUCM / Presence part (at least not only on that) but more on the IM&P side.

Regards,

Christos

Hi,

I'm having the same behaviour but on the Jabber clients (Windows, iPad and iPhone) everything works fine.

I see the presence unknown only in the user presence page.

Is the same behaviour for you?

Hi Andre,

Can you check the system and application logs from IM&P and check if there are any alarms raised ?

Presence Viewer uses 'presence web service' API to get presence information. This resides in the SIP Proxy service

You might want to give it a restart during out of office hours since this will probably cause an outage.

Thanks,

Christos

Hi Christos,

I've even rebooted the server...

Everything seems fine but that presence status on the user presence viewer of IM&P Administration, still shows unknown.

However, its like I said, in the Jabber clients, everything is fine... no worries...

Thanks

Aha! I have the same issue in my lab as well. Never tested it before but I am not sure if it is due to the same reason as you guys.

If you check the logs after reproducing you should see the following

In incoming HTTP POST request coming from presenceviewer to sip proxy

2:47:54.244 |Fri Mar 15 12:47:54 2013] [debug] core.c(4475): [client 127.0.0.1] (88)Socket operation on non-socket: apr_socket_opt_set(APR_TCP_NODELAY)

PID(19104) mod_sip_pws.c(868) gsoap_handler(): REST request received:

PUT /presence-service/users/presencevieweradmin/session HTTP/1.1

12:47:54.244 |ID(19104) tpi_http.c(1824) tpi_http_handler(): Incoming HTTP request: /presence-service/users/presencevieweradmin/session , method number:  1

Presencevieweradmin user SHOULD login

12:47:54.244 |ID(19104) tpi_http.c(2001) tpi_http_handler(): Login request for presencevieweradmin

Searches the user in the DB

12:47:54.245 |Fri Mar 15 12:47:54 2013] PID(19104) imdb_regroute.c(357) imdb_find_user_pkid(): Searching for pkid for user with user id: presencevieweradmin.

We don't find the user

12:47:54.246 |Fri Mar 15 12:47:54 2013] PID(19104) imdb_regroute.c(382) imdb_find_user_pkid(): No pkid matching userid presencevieweradmin

12:47:54.246 |ID(19104) tpi_sip.c(1279) tpi_login_request(): User is not an App User

12:47:54.246 |ID(19104) tpi_http.c(695) tpiLoginHandler(): tpiLoginHandler: Failed to login

And then we send back the following

12:47:54.246 |Fri Mar 15 12:47:54 2013] PID(19104) tpi_errors.c(130) create_error_message_body(): Error Code: '114', Msg: 'Failed to login user', Fix: 'Ensure the login data is valid'

12:47:54.246 |ID(19104) http_request.c(450) AccessLog: PUT /presence-service/users/presencevieweradmin/session HTTP/1.1

12:47:54.246 |ID(19104) sip_sm.c(1197) Sent 408 bytes TCP packet to 127.0.0.1:49000

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

The presenceviewer admin is in the list of appusers in IM&P and I can also retrieve it in the db.

Do you guys get the same ?

Thx,

Christos

Ok I did further testing since I had the same problem in my lab.

To skip the technical stuff the problem is that  the user 'presencevieweradmin' exists in IMDB database but not with the correct information. So when we query the DB that users is not pulled out.  Hence we cannot use presenceviewer anymore

One way to fix it is to delete the user from the application users page in CUP. Next time you go to the presence viewer pages and try to do a presence lookup that user will be recreated hopefully with the correct information.

That worked in my case so you guys can try it out as well.

HTH,

Christos

Thankyou Chris, most appreciated. I will try the suggested and get back. Do I need to recreate the application user once deleted

You don't need to. You just need to go to the presence viewer and check the presence for one user. Once you do that the system will automatically create the presencevieweradmin account with the correct information in the IMDB.

You can verify by going back to the application users pages in IM&P and you will see the user there.

That worked in my lab like a charm. No services need to be restarted anywhere.

Thx,

Christos

Hi Christos,

I tried the foremention but it did not seem to work? What tool did you use to view the presence logs?

Hi,

You can set the sip proxy logs to details, reproduce the issue and send over the sip proxy logs. I should be able to see what's going on.

HTH,

Christos