cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence users not added in CCMCIP

r.boloor.rao
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to integrate IM and Presence 9.1 with cucm 9.1.1  in the lab. What I see is IM&Presence server can see the users (who are service enabled) but can not add in the CCMCIP profile ; under Legacy setting--->CCMCIP;  Any Idea where to troubleshoot on this ?.

What is the use of this CCMCIP service ?. On what condition the user get assigned to this profile ?.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The client gets device lists for users from the CCMCIP server. Can you check that the user and device association on cucm is correct. You can reference the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_E4CC9599_00_environment-configuration-guide/JABW_BK_E4CC9599_00_environment-configuration-guide_chapter_010.html#JABW_TK_A95A041A_00

HTH

Manish

Thanks a lot for the info.

I could not see it added in CCMCIP profile; I had the right device associated . I dont know why IM&P refused to allow it. then i rebooted both CUCM and IM server. (no good) , then deleted the used and added them again. Now I can see them automatically added in IM&P.  

The CCMCIP profile is responsible to provide the jabber with list of associated devices. The users will not get assigned to CCMCIP profile automatcially. If you havent tried adding, can try once. Also make sure the users are enabled for IM and presence under the end user configuration in CUCM.

Regards