Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P 10.5 Lync integration

gmartindell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running CUCM and IM&P 10.5.   All my users use Lync for IM services and they have no intention of moving to Cisco IM.   Are there any other options for providing phone presence status for Lync users besides using CUCILync?   If CUCILync is my only option, do I even need IM&P servers?

According to the following doc, it looks like I can get pretty close by configuring partitioned interdomain federation but the doc doesn't state it will provide on-hook/off-hook status for Lync users

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/intradomain_federation/10_5_1/CUP0_BK_I19EE4EF_00_integration-guide-intradomain-federation-105/CUP0_BK_I19EE4EF_00_integration-guide-intradomain-federation-105_chapter_00.html

Thanks,

Glenn

5 Replies 5

Glenn,

The only option will be CUCILync, you do not need to have the presence for CUCI to work. there are different version of CUCI, the oldest one gets attached to Lync, for that version you need to make few changes on registry for TFTP Servers, Voicemail and so on. I really liked the old version.

The new one would install another client (Jabber look-like client) on the PC, It could bring politics as most of the users do not see to have to clients on one PC. it works well with presence, for example if someone is on call on Cisco Phone, Lync client status goes red, Directory and the rest work pretty fine.

It needs to be considered that click to call does not work with the latest version, hopefully Cisco fixes it in CUCILync version 10.X, if there is any:)

HM

HM,

Thanks for the reply.   Can I deploy CUCILync and disable phone control and softphone features and still have presence work if I want?

Do you know which version provides the separate client?   Last time I did this (quite a while ago), it was more of a plugin into Lync.

Thanks,

Glenn

If you want only presence works, what's the point of having cucilync added? cucilync is to make your Lync to use Cisco for Phone, voicemail and so on.

If Someone is on call on his Cisco Phone, you can see that  presence easily on Lync with version 9.7.4

All the new version starting from 9.X, gives you separate client unfortunately, old versions 8.5.X still gives you a pane attached to the Lync.

HM

I am in the similar scenario as Glenn. The environment as it exists today is an on prem CUCM and Lync via Office365. My goal is simply to light up presence on Lync based on Cisco phone activity.

Glenn have you had any luck getting this done?

Rayangandhi,

I ended up deploying CUCILync for the customer.

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: