cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P Chat Compliance

FPENTEADO
Level 1
Level 1

I'll connect my Presence Server with a Database in order to provide compliance. Is there any way of this compliance get local history folder of my users?

Kind Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No, only messages that go through IM&P AFTER compliance has been enabled, will be stored in the DB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Yes, compliance and local chat history are not tied to each other, they work independently. If you had local chat history enabled, that will be unaffected by you enabling compliance.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's a whole different thing, the ability to have a local chat history can be enabled/disable on IM&P and they're stored in a .db file locally.

Compliance will push the messages to the DB, as they go thru the IM&P server.

HTH

java

Yeah

Today i don't have a compliance to DB. If i'll "enable" it, my local db will be pushed to External DB or just new messages will be?

No, only messages that go through IM&P AFTER compliance has been enabled, will be stored in the DB.

HTH

java

Many Thanks, to conclude, after do it, i'll continue "see" older messages that are stored on my desktop or cellphone?

Regards

Yes, compliance and local chat history are not tied to each other, they work independently. If you had local chat history enabled, that will be unaffected by you enabling compliance.

HTH

java