cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P users not showing up in Presence Topology?

Configuring IM&P for the first time in version 10.5 across the cluster.   Create the required Access Groups,  put the users in the groups, setup gateways, cti, sip trunks and all the required stuff.   Users have new CSF devices and IM enabled.  Yet when logging into IM&P Presence topology the users do not show up?  LDAP is setup on the CUCM and also in IM&P.   In IM&P I note third party applications also has LDAP options.   Do you set them there or elsewhere?  Does IM&P pull users from CUCM or LDAP?  In any case how best to figure out why users are not pulling into IM&P?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to enable users for IM&P in CUCM at the user level, and assign a service profile with IM&P, IM&P HAS NEVER integrated directly to LDAP, if pulls the users from CUCM via AXL, once they're enabled for the service.

The LDAP config, as it says, is for 3rd party clients, like Pidgin.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks nice to know that I dont need AD configured.  Maybe that is what is stopping it as I have UC Service Profile configured in user accounts along with having them IM enabled.  Any other check marks?

Any user, local or LDAP, only needs to be enabled for IM&P and have a service profile with IM&P to work, that's it.

if it still does not work, try the troubleshooter on IM&P, or restart the server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is there anything regarding licensing that would effect this condition? 

Thanks that's help alot.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Jaime pointed out review you CUCM configuration, UC service, Service Profile and then the users enabled for "Home Cluster" and having proper Service profile with proper UC service checked.