Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&Presence HA setup

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm deploying two BE6000 servers and I'm installing redundant servers for CUCM, UCCX, Unity and IM&P.

Regarding the installation of two IM&P servers: During the implementation of the first IM&P node I created a SIP trunk and got everything working.

After that I deployed a second IM&P server, added it to the Presence Redundancy Group and enabled High Availability.

Is this enough or should I configure something else as well? Like the SIP trunk for instance. Should I add the second IM&P server as Destination Address?

In the IM&P configuration when I go to "Presence Gateway Configuration" and try to add the second CUCM node (the subscriber) it says "Error: [4087] Add failed. CUCM Gateway already exists." Is this expected behavior?

10 Replies 10

Hi ,

you should add the second IM&P Server as 'Destination Address'.

Hope this helps.

Hi mmorais,

and should I also check "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes" in the trunk configuration since I have 2 CUCM servers (publisher and subscriber)?

Regards.

That's correct. The "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes" must be checked.

Regards.

Wo~ long time ago ... I remembered I used the 'kasper123' solution to solve it out (Not Sure) .... tick the "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes" on SIP Trunk from CUCM to IMP.

(Sorry~ kasper123 forgot to mark the correct ans.)

Hi Chi Fai,

Its work but when I turn off the active server , The jabber client takes between 40 - 50 second to switch to the backup server and I see these errors in the callmanger  :

Error : 4561 error retrieving ha status information from the im

Error : 4562 error retrieving active users from the im and presence server

Is it normal ? , IS it possible to accelerate this time ? , For example in callmanager the redundance takes between 1 -2 seconds.

Greetigns

Thank for your help

How about the status on IMP server? Topology ...

Set the HA mode or Load Balance mode now?

Hi kasper123.

are you able to finish your deployment? Is everything OK?

Regards.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure to update your SRV records with the new server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You mean the SRV records for the HA function?

> _cuplogin._tcp.domain.com
Server:  dns01.domain.com
Address:  192.168.2.200

_cisco-uds._tcp.domain.com   SRV service location:
          priority       = 15
          weight         = 15
          port           = 8443
          svr hostname   = imp01.domain.com
_cisco-uds._tcp.domain.com   SRV service location:
          priority       = 10
          weight         = 10
          port           = 8443
          svr hostname   = imp02.domain.com
imp01.domain.com     internet address = 192.168.1.12
imp02.domain.com     internet address = 192.168.1.11

Actually, I set the DNS SRV and enabled the HA on IMP with Active/Active OR Active/Standby.
Test Jabber with IMP HA, that is not good ... always is logout long time OR Need logout login again to move the other IMP node.

HI , Chi Fai.

I have the same issue. How do you fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: