cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&Presence new installation - Use the newest release or some of the older releases

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I'm implementing BE6000 and now I should implement IM&Presence.

I was wondering whether I should use the pre-installed 10.5.1.10000-9 or should I go with the newest 10.5.2.20000-1.

The version of installed CUCM is 10.5.2.10000-5. Usually I avoid the latest releases because of bugs that might come up later.

The BE6000 came with CUCM 10 preinstalled but because of a DHCP server bug I installed version 10.5.2.10000-5.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's completely up to you, just notice that if you go with 10.5(1) both CUCM and IM&P need to be on that same release, if you use/upgrade to 10.5(2), they also both need to be on 10.5(2).

I'd stay on 10.5(2) as that's the release that will be in a long maintenance cycle from now on

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's completely up to you, just notice that if you go with 10.5(1) both CUCM and IM&P need to be on that same release, if you use/upgrade to 10.5(2), they also both need to be on 10.5(2).

I'd stay on 10.5(2) as that's the release that will be in a long maintenance cycle from now on

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

So since my cucm version is 10.5.2.10000 and is allready installed i have to go with the the newer 10.5.2.20000-1 version of IM&P?

Regards.

Hi Kasper,

That's correct - the versions must match

Yes, most releases 9.x+ only need to match at the X.Y level, this is a special case on which you need to match at X.Y(Z) level, the RNs cover all this.

If you haven't, you should have reviewed the RNs for any additional considerations like that one.

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime.

Does this also apply to Unity and UCCX versions?

Is it OK that I have deployed UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 and (I think) Unity version 10.5.1 with Cucm 10.5.2.10000?

Regards.

For UCCX, there's a UCCX compatibility matrix you need to review, pretty sure they should be compatible, but you need to review it to make sure.

There's a CUC compatibility matrix as well, but pretty much it's a any to any release of CUCM as long as they're both above 5.x, but you also should review it and know about it.

HTH

java

Thank you very much Jaime!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: