Views
Helpful
Replies

IM & Presence Pub and Sub

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

I have 2 UCS Servers and I want to install CUCMPub and CUCMSub, CUCSub and CUCPub, IM&PresencePub and IM&Presence Sub.

CUCM and CUC have a choice if they are the first server in the cluster or not in the installation path.

What about IM&Presence? How and where can I determine which one will be the Pub and which will be the Sub?

Should I add both IM&Presence Server IPs in the Server Section of CUCM?

Should I create 2 SIP Trunks from CUCM to the 2 IM&Presence Servers or one SIP Trunk that contains both IPs?

Should I add both CUCMPub and CUCMSub IPs in the IM&Presencse under Presence->Gateways->Add New?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The install guide explains the first IMP will be the PUB, as well as all the steps to install all the IMP nodes.

Your other questions are also in the IMP documentation you should be using as reference 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/11_5_1/CUP0_BK_CE08159C_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1151/CUP0_BK_CE08159C_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1151_chapter_0100.html

what documents have you reviewed for this tasks???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your answer. I've done all the above again in the past apart from the 2 CUPSs.

For now I think I will install only one CUPS as I am not sure about the second one and I do not want to complicate things.

Hi Valencia.

One more question about the Application Servers in CUCM.

Should I add both CUCPub and CUCSub or only the CUCPub?

Thank you.

This is covered in the documentation, you need to do your due diligence, and read the proper documentation for this process

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/11_5_1/cucm_b_installation-guide-cucm-imp-1151/cucm_b_installation-guide-cucm-imp-1151_chapter_0100.html#CUP0_TK_P8901E0C_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate