Views
Helpful
Replies

IMAP and SMTP forwarding?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We have IMAP set up with Unity Connection 7 and I am wondering if there is a way to get a copy of the voicemail wav file to forward to our mobile devices? 

Any thoughts? 

Please let me know.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Hi Rob,

Yes, store and forward was exactly what I was looking for.  Love that Bill Bell Blog!  Thank you for including those links!

Hope all is well with you.  Have a great weekend!

Rgds,

Vicky

Vicky,

I just wanted to chime in briefly as Bill and I have worked together for years now...so I'm glad you found that blog useful.  In your case, just make sure that the SMTP Smart Host is configured properly.  By that I mean the following:

If you are forwarding to a corporate email address then the relay host (i.e., Smart Host) is likely one of the corporate email servers so forwarding to the corporate domain is usually not an issue.  However, if the address you are forwarding to is say an internet address (e.g., blah@gmail.com) then the Smart Host needs to be able to forward out to an internet-based (or external) domain.

This may very well already be obvious to you (which is good); however, experience has shown us that's not always the case.  Anyway, just a quick little FYI.

Rob - thanks for referencing our blogs as usual.  Plus 5 to you, brother.  Bill and I both appreciate your support of our participation in the forums.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Given the description on William Bell's page, is it possibile to setup Option 2:Accept and Relay on the Cisco Unity Server (not Connector or Express)?