Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IMP 10.5.2 integration wtih exchange 2016

hi Guys,

trying to integrate imp 10.5.2 with exchange 2016 for calendaring status.  this IMP is already installed and working for everything else. just the calendar "in a meeting" is not showing.  they also use it on adroid/iPhone so this integration required for those status.

I have few questions regarding this integration along with compatibility. 

I couldn't find any document saying that 10.5. is supported with exchange 2016 or not. anyone has any idea?

also I am looking for firewall requirement as there is a firewall sitting between IMP and exchange.  this doc shows  (table 19).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_T537717B_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-100/CUCM_BK_T537717B_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-100_chapter_010.html

looking at the same i am kind of confused of ports requirement for EWS - HTTP/TCP /IP SOAP ? isn't it 443 TCP?

Table 19 IM and Presence Service Ports - Microsoft Exchange Notify Requests

From (Sender)

To (Listener)

Protocol

Transport Protocol

Destination / Listener

Source / Sender

Remarks

Microsoft Exchange

IM and Presence

HTTP (HTTPu)

) WebDAV - HTTP /UDP/IP notifications

2) EWS - HTTP/TCP /IP SOAP notifications

IM and Presence server port (default 50020)

Ephemeral

Microsoft Exchange uses this port to send notifications (using NOTIFY message) to indicate a change to a particular subscription identifier for calendar events. Used to integrate with any Exchange server in the network configuration. Both ports are created. The kind of messages that are sent depend on the type of Calendar Presence Backend gateway(s) that are configured.

thanks.

vijay

2 Replies 2

JEFF CALVIRD
Level 1
Level 1

From what I have found IMP is not Exchange version dependent, but requires WebDav & EWS

I opened a case and verified today that Exchange 2016 isn't "officially" supported till 11.5. My original interpretation of the support guide was a little off and i'm glad I opened the case. For those tracking please note that the documentation for 10.X doesn't appear to show / indicate official testing as Exchange release was 6/2016 and there is only 1 revision (12/16) for this version.

Highly recommend following TAC's direction on this one or seek alternative means for calendaring integration on the client side thus removing the gateway integration / EWS via IMP