cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing user into Unity fails with SMTP address already exists

callen132
Level 1
Level 1

We're trying to import a user from LDAP into Unity.  The import fails due to "an object with the SMTP address already exists".  We've searched for users with that ID and found nothing.  Unity doesn't seem to offer an easy way to search the system for SMTP addresses used or dependencies, so we're kinda stuck.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to find where this address is buried so we can import the user?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Use Unity Connection's Bulk Administration Tool to export all existing users (and Contacts if you have them). SMTP addresses associated with user accounts will appear in the resulting CSV file.

Maren

I exported the various bulk admin tool options and still had no luck.  About the time I finishd that I was scroll through the Unity Connection menu, and noticed the "SMTP address search" option.  I clicked this and entered the email address I was looking for.  It returned a match showing it assigned as an "SMTP Proxy Address" for another mailbox in the system.

Have no idea who or why this was configured, as we've never used that option before.  I removed the address from that mailbox, and was able to import the user successfully.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: