Views
Helpful
Replies

Impossible to make a backup of the CUCM

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a CUCM with a scheduled backup that worked for some month and then it stopped to do succesully backups.

Backup History ---> TAR file not created

Current status ---> No backup status available

I tried to restart DRF services, restart the SolarWinds TFTP server, ping the CUCM from the server that contains Solarwinds and ping the server from the CUCM. The configuration of the scheduled backup and the configuration on the SolarWinds TFTP server didn't changed the configuration in this months. The destination server of backups have enough disk space to store a backup.

What can we do?

The error message that shows up when we try to make a backup is "Failed to initiate backup. Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the given path is correct."

I am sure that the path is correct, we have another infrastructure that is exactly the same (same backup server, same configuration, same path of files) and is all working good! 

What can I do? There is something that I can do for isolate the root problem?

Thank You

Kind regards

10 Replies 10

Unable to access SFTP means you need to check the connectivity, also check  username and   password.  First step just ping the SFTP ip from CUCM. you can use  FileZilla client  to check if the SFTP server is accessible. 

Response Signature

The CUCM can ping the SFTP server and the SFTP server can ping the CUCM...I cannot install Filezilla or other things on the hosts of the customer

Thank You

Giulia

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

"I tried to restart DRF services, restart the SolarWinds TFTP server, ping the CUCM from the server that contains Solarwinds and ping the server from the CUCM. The configuration of the scheduled backup and the configuration on the SolarWinds TFTP server didn't changed the configuration in this months. The destination server of backups have enough disk space to store a backup."

I hope you mean SFTP server.

Yes, SFTP, what You suggest me to do?

Thanks

Did you tried to connect the SFTP server using Filezila client ?

Response Signature

no, I cannot download things on the server or on the host that I use for remote sessions so I have only "Solarwinds SFTP & SCP server" installed on the destination server for the backups

Thank You

Giulia

first you can test the connection by going to backup>device, click on the existing and try to save that page without any changing.

the error will present at the top.

as I know, there are two error types like, username/password incorrect or unable to connect.

sometime, you can get successful connection but the disk on the SFTP server is almost full and when starting backup process, it failed.

Hello, the cucm won't open me the current configuration (I click on the current scheduled backup but it doesn't open) so I tried to create another scheduled backup...the username/password/path/address are correct and the disk have so much free space the disaster recovery "section" of the cucm is slow when I try to see something or it doesn't open some pages, it can be an issue related to some services?

Thank You

Giulia

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does a sniffer say about the attempt to connect to the SFTP?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello, I cannot download anything on every host of the customer and I don't have a sniffer  

Thank You

Giulia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: