cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In Unity 5.0(1), subscriber account lockout triggers failover

lucasmarcel
Level 1
Level 1

We recently added a second Unity server configured as a failover. When a subscriber account becomes locked because the caller has exceeded the number of invalid logon attempts, the primary Unity server becomes inactive and the failover server takes over.

Apparently the account lockout is interpreted as a voice messaging port lockup, so the call is transferred to the secondary server where the “Force Failover If Call Arrives on Inactive Secondary” kicks in and triggers the failover…

Is there a way to avoid this behavior without unchecking the "Force Failover If..." check box? We want automatic failover to happen, but only for a legitimate reason.

Thanks,

Lucas

2 Replies 2

judew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lucas,

If a call comes to unity and the port does not answer or is busy the call manager will grab the call and either send it to the next port in the group or send it to the next group. The next group being the ports for the secondary unity server. If you want to you can change the hunt list options so that in a no answer/busy scenario the call is not routed to the next group and is routed to all of the ports in the group before going to the next group. This setting is listed under the hunt list in ccm.

I am not sure if this is the exact cause of the failure. If a user is locked out unity, unity should just report that the account is locked and the port will not be busy or will not answer.

If changing the hunt options does not work for you then I suggest opening a tac case so we can see why unity is not picking up the call.

Thank you

Thank you for your suggestion.

I can't reproduce the problem anymore so something else must have been going on.

I read up on hunt lists and list groups and checked the voice mail hunt list. Everything is configured correctly.

Thanks again for your reply. I'll post again if I find out what happened.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: