cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound SIP to Nortel using PRI trunks no number on CID on Nortel

ma75
Level 1
Level 1

We have moved to CenturyLink SIP from ATT PRI. The original setup was CS2100 with ATT PRI trunks, TIE trunks to CUCM for all inbound/outbound calls.

NOW, all inbound/outbound go through SIP on the CUCM. All calls to/from the CS2100 now flow through the TIE lines to CUCM which are configured as PRI.

Issue is the Nortel gets the name for Caller ID but the number doesn't show. It does show on the Switch Expert Call Detail. I am only guessing but it may be the +1 that now shows with every call from SIP.

It works as advertised for CUCM, no issues.

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The first step seems obvious: Try stripping the plus character off the calling/called/connected party numbers on the Nortel-facing CUCM Gateway/Trunk or the Cisco IOS gateway for calls destined to Nortel; the plus character wasn’t part of the ISDN spec.

Hadn't even thought of that, I may try it when the boss gets back. We have "modified" the CDR records going to our billing system for the new SIP trunks. Don't want to break that

I am assuming : My CCIE is on vacation until Jan1

[cid:image001.png@01D4961F.0CBAFA80]

I really want to know what this reply means.

I don't think it works on H323 either, and possibly ICTs, if I recall correctly. Right?

the Vendor Century Link, BUT we disabled Calling Name on a route pattern and the number now comes through. Seems to be a limit somewhere on what we can display coming from the outside SIP trunk. The PRI config was otherwise unchanged. We also had to put a MASK of xxxxxxxxxx. sip.PNG