Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Call Issue

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I posted a question a few hours ago about CSS and PT because I couldn't make offnet calls when I associated the patterns to the RL.But what the issue was I had the wrong GW in the RG and the RL was pointing to the wrong device. I fixed that issue and now I can dial internal, local,long distance, international, and block 1-900 numbers but when I try and place a call to the phone I get 1 ring and then an annunciator saying " Were sorry we can not place your call as dialed." I wanted to know if anyone call tell me where could I look to figure out what is causing this issue with incoming calls.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Eric,

Quick question, when placing a call to the phone is it internal (over UCM) or external (coming in via PSTN).  If Internal it may be a partition/CSS issue. If its external it can be a couple of things.  Such as inbound dial-peers, inbound translation rules, and etc.

Thanks

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Eric,

Quick question, when placing a call to the phone is it internal (over UCM) or external (coming in via PSTN).  If Internal it may be a partition/CSS issue. If its external it can be a couple of things.  Such as inbound dial-peers, inbound translation rules, and etc.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony

You know I just tried placing an internal call using the full number 9.972-275-8126 and it rings but it doesn't reach the phone  and I tried again over the PSTN same number and it get the same annunciator but I can receive 4 digit internal calls.

No worries!  A couple of questions -

What type of gateway is in use here, H.323 or MGCP? 

The partition of the phone, is it associated with the CSS of the gateway?

Do you know how many digits the carrier is sending to you, the full number or the last 4? 

I gather that your extensions are 4 digits as well?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony

the GW is H.323

The partition on the phone is HNB_Device_CSS and the partition on the GW in the Call routing information section is HNB_Device_CSS.

I need to find out how many digits the carrier is sending

And yes the extensions are 4 digit internal extensions.

Eric,

So the phone and the gateway are using the same CSS?  No issue there

You can find out how many digits they are sending by getting into you gateway and doing a isdn debug and then from your cell, dial one of your DID's that are a part of your "PRI"

on your gateway -

term mon

debug isdn q931

then make your call, you will see it come into the gateway and the number of digits being sent.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony

I spoke to my manager and he told me that AT&T is sending us 4 digits and I've attached a pic of the call routing field on the GW this is the same CSS I'm using for the phone.

Eric,

It may be easier to begin with to look at H.323 config to ensure all of the necessary bits are there and then move onto CM.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Gotcha

I'll get a config and I'll be back shortly and thanks for the help Tony

Eric

Tony

I just uploaded a copy of the config for the GW in question

Hi Eric,

Can you check the Route plan report for any overlapping directory number or unassigned directory number for the DN that you are trying to call. You can check it through Call routing > Route plan report and delete any unassigned overlapping patterns.

HTH

Manish

Hi Eric,

I think first we need to double verify the incoming digits at gateway from telco and need to check whether gateway is sending correct called number/info to cucm, for this we need to have a look on below debug logs.

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

Suresh

Hey Eric,

So by looking over the config a little, can you confirm which is your incoming dial peer?  Is it dial peer 1001 voip?  Also does the extension your dialing begin with 81..?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony

I'm going to get with my manager and confirm which dial peer is incoming dial peer and the number I was trying to dial was 972-275-8126

Tony

I checked and yes dial peer 1001 is our incoming

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: