cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

informacast fast busy

mvarazlic
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing Informacast 8.3 into our ccm 8.6 environment. I have followed all of the documentation and I am getting a fast busy when I try to call the number that I associated with the cti port. I have checked the css and the partitions so I think that I am good there. I do not have a gateway set up for the installation. Do I need one? In some documentation sent to me from TAC a few months ago had references to a gateway but I am unsure of the settings. Any input would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Melissa

10 Replies 10

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I dont think the CTI ports are supposed to be called directly. It is supposed to be used by the system when the system calls you back to send out a page. Try configuring the Paging service using the Quick page assistance or by creating a dialcast pattern with a CTI route point in UCM and see if that works. 

Please rate useful posts.

I want to say that I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this product (informacast).  I set the DN up on the CTI Port that I created for informacast.  How is that connection made?  How does CM know to forward the call to informacast?   I can't seem to grasp the connection there.

If you want to use Dialcast (ie. call an extension and then page), you will need a CTI route point created. The DN on the CTI route point should match the Dialcast number configured in Informacast and the informacast will page to the associated recepient groups.

I have dial cast setup with the same dn that I have on the cti route point that I have configured in cm. What would cause the fast busy?

Check the region and location, make sure its a G711ulaw call, I think (not sure) G729 is not supported. Is the CTI route point registered?

The route point is registered and the region is G711.  I don't have a location set up for this.  We only have one location that we use for everything.

At this point I guess it would be best to open a case with Singlewire. Make sure your JTAPI versions are in sync and UCM versions are compatible. Short of that support would be the best use of your time.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Eliminate partition/CSS as an issue.

Is the number pointing to any receipient groups? Are those built properly?

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi, Have you foundthe solution for this ? I am also getting the fast busy.

mfcornett
Level 1
Level 1

Verify your Region Relationships in CUCM (Default / ICVA). Also check your Informacast Device Pool, CSS and Partition settings for the CTI Route Point and associated DN. Make sure you created the corresponding CTI Ports under Device->Pone and DNs. They should show registered in CUCM and Informacast Admin ->Overview.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: