Views
Helpful
Replies

Inplace upgrade form 8.6.2 to 10.5 using PCD

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

I have three questions:

1. Has anybody done an inplace upgrade form 8.6.2 to 10.5 using PCD? We are already running 8.6.2 on a C210 and want to upgrade to 10.5. I see it listed as supported, but there is very little info, most everything is about a migration. Running CUCM 8.6.2 and CUPS 8.6.5

2. Any problems rolling back to 8.6.2 from 10.5, if there is a problem?

3. Will PCD make the necessary modifications to the VM machine during the upgrade? If not do I do them before or after upgrading to 10.5?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 PCD will do basically the same thing you would do if doing the upgrade under OS admin. nothing else. Same holds true for all but migration, that's the only different thing.

2. No, again, the upgrade procedure is the same as if you do it manually.

3. No, PCD does nothing to the VMs config for any of the options it has (upgrade, migration, etc.) Any change required, will require manual intervention.

Whether changes to the VM are required, and when to be done, is explained in the upgrade guide and/or RNs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 PCD will do basically the same thing you would do if doing the upgrade under OS admin. nothing else. Same holds true for all but migration, that's the only different thing.

2. No, again, the upgrade procedure is the same as if you do it manually.

3. No, PCD does nothing to the VMs config for any of the options it has (upgrade, migration, etc.) Any change required, will require manual intervention.

Whether changes to the VM are required, and when to be done, is explained in the upgrade guide and/or RNs.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

Need your expert advice, im planning upgrade this weekend, Im not going with PCD rather through OS admin of upgrade

Im going through documentation on upgrade release notes. I see the is refresh upgrade from 8.6 to 10.5 with some config changes on virtual machines like increasing the disk size on second one, changing the Guest OS of VM to RHEL 6 [64 bit ]  and changing NIC adaptor to VMXNT3 etc as pre upgrade task 

Now my question is CUCM 10.5 ver requires VM machine with 1 X 110 Gb Vdisk while existing 8.6 is with 2 X 80 Gb vdisk. OVA readme txt file for 10.5 says do not attempt to change disk size or number while upgrade release note says increase disk size.

That warning is if you're freshly deploying the OVA, not for upgrades.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: