cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Input not recognised in Unity

patiwaq
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Unity issue with how the call handlers work before and after business hours. During work hours is fine. When you call any of our offices main number before or after hours, you hear our greeting, stating if you know your ext blah blah blah... when I try to enter anything..ext number, * to go to VM, any input is not recognised. The message is just looped over and over. Like I said, during business hours everything is fine.

We are SR1, es 35,58,76 on our Unity server.

We were fine without issues until we upgraded our call mgr to 4.1.3.1, thats when TAC recommended SR1, and the ES 35,58,76.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, your description leads me to believe one of two things.

1. You may have "allow user input" disabled on your greetings other than "standard". For each of your greetings, check to see if the "Allow caller input" box is set or not. If they are cleared on off hours and such, this is your problem.

2. If that's not it, the problem is further up stream from us (although nothing comes to mind right off hand). The caller input definitions are the same across all greetings so if they work during standard hours then they should work all the time unless you've specifically turned off ALL caller input on the specific greeting (as noted above).

If you're in camp #2 - does ANY input work at all when calling in through those lines (i.e. if you dial in from a known extension and get into a subscriber conversation, can you navigate?).

When I researched this problem yesterday morning, my first attempt was from my home phone. No input recognised. Im also set up at home with a 7960 with a VPN into work on a pix 501. I placed an outside call in, no input recognised. I called the call handler directly. No go! I looked at all my AA call handlers and allow input is turned on. Its like the call mrg isnt passing the digits sent. Like I stated before..all was well in my Unity world (and we are even Lotus Notes Unity) up until we upgraded call mgr to 4.1.3.1...then all hell broke loose.

Doesn't really sound like a Unity issue - I think you're right, we're not getting events from CM - but you had stated earlier that everything works find during the day - which doesn't make sense here - Unity isn't going to suddenly decide to not react to DTMF input based on the time of day (neither would CM for that matter).

I agree, the only reason I pointed to Unity was my cisco engineer who installed our voip system and did the upgrade to 4.1.3.1 said it was Unity. We had several issues with the upgrade and tried to iron everything out. I was just made away of this issue 2 days ago and had to wait for us to close to see what they were talking about. Upgrade broke call pickup, if you call a DID it works, if you call a "group" with a handler it doesnt. So once again Unity was pointed at.

Based on the information you've provided, this is kind of a shot-in-the-dark, but are you by chance using TSP 8.0(1) with Unity?

We have a problem in the TSP 8.0(1) that causes certain ports to get in a state where they ignore DTMF input. This problem is fixed in TSP 8.0(1b).

The Cisco Unity TSP 8.0(1b) software and the Release Notes are available for download now: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-cm-tsp

8.0(1) Thanks for the tip...gonna go look now.

I installed 8.0(1b) last night. Its 5:06am here in Indiana, I have called all of our main numbers going into all the offices and it now translates my input!!! Yeaaa.

Thank you all so very much for all your help!!