cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inserting pauses from Voice Gateway to PBX

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everybody, We have a client which is migrating from a legacy Phone platform (Nortel based) to CUCM 8. Currently they have users on each platform connected through a Cisco Voice gateway Router 2921.

Our client has a private connection to Germany’s remote offices (through Nortel platform).

CUCM’s customer must use the following schema for calling users on Client’s sites in Germany:

Cisco Ipphone ••à CUCM ••à Voice Gateway2921 ••à Nortel PBX ••à Nortel router ••àGermany connection.

Because of Legacy phone system configuration, for access to Germany’s sites our CUCM clients must dial:

365(1st tone)- 63(2nd tone)-3 digit password(3rd tone) and remote site DN (4xxxx with a variable length number)

For example if we assume 123 as password and Germany ’s DN as 456783, our CUCM customer would dial:

365(1st tone)63(2nd tone)123(3rd tone)456783.

Well, our client require that his CUCM users only should dial Germany’s DN, so CUCM-Voice gateway should insert all numbers/pauses required to complete a proper call to Germany via PBX platform.

What we have done on Cisco platform:

• •a) Configure on CUCM a RoutePattern4! pointing to Cisco Voice gateway.
  • •b) Configure on router:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^4/ /365,63,123,4/

!

voice translation-profile GERMAN

translate called 1

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description outound Calls to Germany

translation-profile outgoing GERMAN

preference 1

destination-pattern 4T

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits all

Where port 0/0/0:23 is a PRI toward Nortel PBX.

We are not sure is this translation-rule (rule 1 /^4/ /365,63,123,4/) is the correct option to simulate the pauses required for Nortel platform between each tone for proper number insertion.

We really appreciate your support.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emmanuel Akum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As far as I'm aware this is neither possible with the CUCM nor with the voice gateways at the moment. The only option today; is perharps to try with a TCL script on the voice gateway; but you would need to have an insight in programming TCL script, as there are no ready made TCL scripts from Cisco for this purpose or you will have to wait for CUCM 9.0.

From CUCM 9.0 upwards, dialling with a pause will be possible.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Emmanuel Akum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As far as I'm aware this is neither possible with the CUCM nor with the voice gateways at the moment. The only option today; is perharps to try with a TCL script on the voice gateway; but you would need to have an insight in programming TCL script, as there are no ready made TCL scripts from Cisco for this purpose or you will have to wait for CUCM 9.0.

From CUCM 9.0 upwards, dialling with a pause will be possible.

Hope this helps.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use my "speed-dial with pauses" TCL/IVR script for the purpose. Contact details are in my profile.