Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install CUCM 8.6 on VMWARE ESXi 5.0 Failed

Dear All,

I want to install CUCM 8.6 on Virtual Machine. I'm using VMWARE ESXi 5.0 version for the VM server.

The installation CUCM 8.6 failed with error says:

"the hardware you are using is not supported for this prodcut"

I already disable LRO on the host ESXi 5.0, but still failed.

is need to install the VMTOOLs before I install CUCM?

CUCUM 8.6 support VMWARE Version ESXi 5.0?

Thanks

Regards,

Krisna

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can't install VMtools before the OS (i.e. in this case, before the CUCM install completes).

The installer cannot detect whether LRO is disabled or not, it just looks at the spec of the virtual machine.

What exact specification have you created the VM with?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Aaron,

Spec for the Guest VM as below:

Guest OS: Red Hat Ent Linux 6 (64-bit)

VM version: 8

Memory : 2 GB

Disk : 40 GB.

is it enough for the CUCM 8.6?

regards,

Krisna

No...

You'll need 80GB disks, and the OS should be RHEL4, 32-bit.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Aaron,

I already create new VM with 80 disk, and the OS using RHEL 4, 32-bit. But I still fail (the hardware you are using is not supported for this product) to install the CUCM 8.6.

Anyidea?

Regards,

Krisna

Hi

The 80gb disk must also be a SCSI disk at 0:0.

The only thing I can imagine you are doing wrong it perhaps when setting 2GB, ensure the total is '2048 Mb'.

If you have all this and it still doesn't work, perhaps it's some compatibility issue with ESXi5. I would consider adding an vm version 7, or perhaps post up your .vmx file so we can see whether it is using different virtual hardware to an ESXi 4 host.

Aaron

Actually for CUCM 8.5 and before it's RHEL 4, for CUCM 8.6 it's RHEL 5 (32 bit).

I used the available OVA for my lab and it worked fine:

1 vCPU

2304 MB RAM

80 GB HDD

Not sure about compatibility with ESXi 5 and the VM machine v8 but above works for ESXi 4.1.

If it still doesn't work, try using the same settings as you would in a ESXi 4.1 install.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have CUCM 8.6 installed on my ESXi 5.0 without any issue.  My VM config was 75G HDD with 2G RAM.  RHEL 4 32-bit.

If you still failed, I suggest you download the OVA from CCO and import it.

Hope this helps!

Michael

I was looking at the OVA settings for CUCM 8.6 and the minimum RAM setting shows 4G. 3G is actually the minimum but says for reduced storage footprint.

Mark

pourvahabi
Level 1
Level 1

I had same issue , had to dsiable LRO

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Disable_LRO