Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation VCS Control and Expressway vmware applications on one BE6000

Maksim Petlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I want to buy one BE6000 and additional VCS Expressway vmware application. Then I'm going to deploy VCS Control vmware application and VCS Expressway vmware application on this BE6000. Also I plan to place this BE6000 in the DMZ.

Please help me, may I do that kind of deployment - VCS Control and Expressway vmware applications on ONE BE6000 ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Maksim.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

VCS-S (Server) comes with BE6k with a few license to get you started.   VCS-E does not come with BE6K.   VCS Expressway typically is either a stand alone appliance or now a virtual machine.  If you virtualize the Expressway, you need to decide how this will.  Typically the Express is in the DMZ of a network and physically plugged into the interfaces and routed for security purposes.   Now, there is nothing stopping you from you vswithing in vmware to route the traffic to the DMZ virtually.     co-resedency polices have been updated here: 

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_in_a_Virtualized_Environment

enjoy!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

VCS-S (Server) comes with BE6k with a few license to get you started.   VCS-E does not come with BE6K.   VCS Expressway typically is either a stand alone appliance or now a virtual machine.  If you virtualize the Expressway, you need to decide how this will.  Typically the Express is in the DMZ of a network and physically plugged into the interfaces and routed for security purposes.   Now, there is nothing stopping you from you vswithing in vmware to route the traffic to the DMZ virtually.     co-resedency polices have been updated here: 

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_in_a_Virtualized_Environment

enjoy!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: