cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CCM SR Patch - Auto'ly Modifies Phone Device Defaults !

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

I have a cluster of 7 - 4.13SR4D servers servicing 3000 phones. I need to apply OS and CCM SR patches and my understanding is that my Device Defaults page will automatically be updated everytime I patch my servers.

I don't want the darn patch to dictate what phone load I run!!! We have 750 7921 phones and I can't have them updating firmware in a 24/7 hospital environment.

How do others deal with this - besides manually revising the phone load upon each server reboot?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not all patches change it, only the ones that the RN say contain new FW, there is no way to avoid the patch changing the device default so you'll have to note the old FW versions, install the patch and check they're the same. if not change them.

i'm sorry but that's the way this is

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not all patches change it, only the ones that the RN say contain new FW, there is no way to avoid the patch changing the device default so you'll have to note the old FW versions, install the patch and check they're the same. if not change them.

i'm sorry but that's the way this is

HTH

java

HTH

java

When I deployed OS and CCM patches to our 7 cluster servers, I only had to revise the phone device defaults when I installed the patche on the Publisher. The same patches on all 6 Subscribers did not modify the device defaults.

I know when I've installed phone loads via an *.exe on our subs, the device defaults were updated. But applying these patches on the subs didn't have the same impact.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: