cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CUCM 8.0.3 in VMware

allwyn.reuben
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to install CUCM 8.0.3 in VMware with the following virtual configuration in my Lab.

Harddisk size - 100GB

RAM - 4 GB

OS - Redhat Lunix 4 with 32 bit

The installation begins and some 218 and 324 files are getting installed respectively, after that im getting a Blue screen with curser blinking and the installation process hangs there itself

If i tried to restart the VMware instance im getting the following error "Installation Failed. Restart installation to recover from failiure"

Can anyone guide me how to install CUCM 8.0.3 in vmware.

6 Replies 6

ilicveselin
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked media before instalation? Commonly media failures can cause such issues.

Hi,

Yes Media check was succeddful. I believe after media check pass only installation will proceed.For me after the installation the VM instance got reboot and then im getting a blank screen.

Have you tried using the OVF template?

Hi John,

No i havent tried...could you help me to know more abt this OVA/OVF..

But i have installed CUCM 7.1.5 in VMware without this OVA/OVF. is it needed for 8.x and above versions of CUCM ???

Try 120 GB for disk size. RAM and OS are fine.

Glenn D

Hi Glenn,

Changed the HD size to 120Gb, but still getting the same Blue screen. Refer attached image. Getting this kind of blue screen after the installation process gets over.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: