cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Installing Emergency Responder 8.5.1.10000-7 Subscriber Critical Error

I'm staging a CER 8.5.1.10000-7 cluster in a ESX environment, but have run into an error while installing the Subscriber.

The publisher installed without issues, I've added the subscriber reference in the publisher and rebooted. When I go to install the CER Subscriber, it makes it through about 99% of the way, then pops up this "Critical Error". I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Two C210 UCS servers, both VM's were created with the same OVA file, same install media is being used. As I haven't been able to take a look directly at the error log, I don't have any ideas on why it fails.

I only have the demo license currently on the Publisher, is this possible the cause of the problem? Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,

Ryan

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Installing Emergency Responder 8.5.1.10000-7 Subscriber Critical

Hi Ryan,

Looks like this bug;

CSCtr13932            Bug Details

CER Sub fails to install CER 8.5(1), 8.6(1) unrecoverable internal error.
Symptom:

CER install of 8.5.1.10000-7 fails with the following error:

The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. For further assistance report the following information to your support provider.

"sh -c "/usr/local/er/script/cer-install.sh install PostInstall 8.5.1.10000-7 8.5.1.10000-7 /usr/local/er/ /usr/local/er/ /common/log/install/capture.txt" 2>/dev/null" failed (255)

The system will now halt.

Also seen with CER 8.6.1.10000-9:

The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. For further assistance report the following information to your support provider.

"sh -c "/usr/local/er/script/cer-install.sh install PostInstall 8.6.1.10000-9 8.6.1.10000-9 /usr/local/er/ /usr/local/er/ /common/log/install/capture.txt" 2>/dev/null" failed (255)

Conditions:

"critical.log" contains the following:

"sh -c "/usr/local/er/script/cer-install.sh install PostInstall 8.5.1.10000-7 8.5.1.10000-7 /usr/local/er/ /usr/local/er/ /common/log/install/capture.txt" 2>/dev/null" failed (255)

For 8.6.1.10000-9 the critical.log shows:

"sh -c "/usr/local/er/script/cer-install.sh install PostInstall 8.6.1.10000-9 8.6.1.10000-9 /usr/local/er/ /usr/local/er/ /common/log/install/capture.txt" 2>/dev/null" failed (255)

Workaround:

Do a Skip install by skipping the configurations step initially, proceed with the installation and then key in the configuration details when asked for in the end
StatusStatus
Open             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last 3 Days        

Product Product
Cisco Emergency Responder         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
8.5(1)
8.6(1.10000.9)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Ryan,

Looks like this bug;

CSCtr13932            Bug Details

CER Sub fails to install CER 8.5(1), 8.6(1) unrecoverable internal error.
Symptom:

Also seen with CER 8.6.1.10000-9:

Conditions:

"critical.log" contains the following:

For 8.6.1.10000-9 the critical.log shows:

Workaround:

Do a Skip install by skipping the configurations step initially, proceed with the installation and then key in the configuration details when asked for in the end
StatusStatus
Open             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last 3 Days        

Product Product
Cisco Emergency Responder         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
8.5(1)
8.6(1.10000.9)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Beginner

You the man Rob! Thanks.

I need to remember to check the bug tracker more often

Hey Ryan,

You are most welcome my friend

Sadly, we have to reference the Bug Toolkit far too often. Oh well......

Cheers!

Rob

Contributor

Rob, this is happening in 8.6.1 as well . I am loading subscriber on CER 8.6.1 and same mesage. Going to try fix and see if it works,

Mike

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here