cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing ISM-SRE-300-K9

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

We initially planned to install our Call Manager and then install our remote locations. Given that scenario, the vendor sold us SRST Routers with no voicemail capability since the plan was to have the voicemail centralized. Well, that plan has changed and we have to get 3 remote locations up and running with voicemail before the actual Call Manager is up and running. We order 3 ISM-SRE Modules to go in our 2921 routers for the locations.

When I try to create a session on the ISM and I login, all it does is constantlly reboot looking for an image. I am assuming that Unity Express needs to be installed? I have worked with the type of modules before, but they already had software on them. This is new territory for me and I am under the gun to get these up and running. Can someone guide me on what I need to install and how? We have been running CUE 8.5 at the other sites.

Please help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It's actually the "complete instllation file set" zipfile, plus applicable language pack(s).

View solution in original post

Check installation progress with "service-module ISM0/0 session".

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to install software. The guide for how to do that is in the product documentation. You also have to request the default voice port licenses, to licensing@cisco.com

The product documentation refers me to a site that comes up as not available. Here is the URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/sm-sre.html

Hey Rob,

Where do I find the sotware that I need fo this? I want to make sure that I get the right one. Is it the GUI?

Which one of these?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

I believe it would be;

cue-vm-full-k9.sme.8.5.1.prt1

Cheers!

Rob

It's actually the "complete instllation file set" zipfile, plus applicable language pack(s).

Thanks for jumping in Paolo (+5 ) I haven't had a chance to use the ISM-SRE

so I wasn't 100% sure.

Cheers!

Rob

How do I determine what is causing this:

ISM0/0 is reset due to Error encountered while downloading payload(s) .

Check installation progress with "service-module ISM0/0 session".

Thanks Guys! One other quick question. What firmeware do you recommend for hte 6945 Phones?

Recently TAC only had the "good" one, but it may have been released by now.

But phones will work and you can worry about that later.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Thanks for the info and the wishes. The only other thing I am getting stuck at is on this below. I am entering the same username and password as I set in the telephony service. but is will not take it.

Check again CME config and that you can login with browser.

Newer IOS needs an addiotional command described in GUI readme.

However, completing the wizard is not necessary for CUE to work if you then configure manualy the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: