cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate Skype for Business (on cloud) with Cisco IP phones. (Desk Phone)

siyadsalims2
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We are planning to Integrate Skype for Business (on cloud O365) with Cisco IP phones. (Desk Phone).

Is this possible to register the Cisco IP phones to S4B cloud solution. If yes, how about the  Contact center, PSTN connectivity, Branch connectivity and so on.....

Siyad.

4 Replies 4

tc4679
Level 1
Level 1

Probably need to know more info about your requirements e.g. contact centre - how many agents? enterprise or uccx? genesys? are you using Webex teams/ Jabber/ MRA? ISDN or SIP? etc etc

I have mixed feelings about the idea of S4B/ Teams and Cisco UC, both almost have identical offerings. I am not completely sold on whether both can work in the same environment harmoniously. We have folk that love skype and folk that hate it, and same with Cisco Jabber/ WebEx. 

Unfortunately my view boils down to this - Stick with one vendor and dont have a mix/ hybrid environment because it will save alot of headaches, time, $$ etc etc... I work in the enterprise space and am currently going through it, a case of Microsoft guys vs Cisco guys, the decision makers in "some cases" like the idea of the cheaper option, the challenge for the engineer is to get the two working harmoniously... my view is stick with one vendor and avoid integration issues. It might mean you will pay more to keep or go with Cisco or Microsoft Teams, but i think what you will end up with is a half decent offering with whoever you go with. Digressing from your question i know so apologies :-)           

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

We are running UCCX, 5-10 Agents, ISDN E1 PRI.

Not using any soft phone from cisco instead using S4B.(video/voice call, instant messaging etc)

Currently we have CUCM 10.5 with Cisco Phone models 7900, 8900, 7800 series phone.

We are planning to move to cloud PBX. As long we have Office 365 license with Skype for Business solution we 

are trying to utilize cisco desk phones to integrate with S4B.

Simply our requirement is to integrate/ register the cisco phones to skype for business on cloud.

I saw some of the IP Phone  vendors supporting this requirement.

We are trying to use the existing Cisco desk phones if it supports this integration.

Siyad.

Did you try searching for this directly in MS?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/certification/devices-ip-phones

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank You so much for the reply.

As per Microsoft only IP Phones supporting is from that list and Cisco phones not yet supported, correct.?

Thanks Again.
Siyad.