Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Cisco Unity Connection to my CUCM Subscribers

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate my CUC server to two subscriber CUCMs.

The Publisher has an exsisting Integration using a single SIP trunk between itself and the CUC server.

I am trying to get my head around how best to add the two subscribers.

Should I only add the subscribers as secondary hosts in the telephone systems tab in CUC or should I setup seperate trunks and ports from the subscribers to the CUC server?

I am running version 8.0 on both the CUCM servers and the CUC server and the existing integration is SIP based.

I have spare licensed ports for the CUC server.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

In addition to great post by Rob (+5), you need to make sure that the CUCM Group applied to the Device Pool of the SIP trunk includes all these Subs or better yet check "Run on All Nodes" checkbox on the SIP trunk and Route List if you are running recent version of CUCM, i.e. 8.5 or newer.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

I would exercise caution with "Run on All Nodes" if you have a cluster with more than 3 nodes.  I have seen this function fail when you have a CallManager Group of 3 nodes, yet there is another subscriber node.  If you check "Run on All Nodes" the SIP trunk then seems to register to this 4th node and every 4th call to the system fails.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amanda,

The steps for adding the "secondary" CUCM servers are attached below;

Step 10 On  the Port Group Basics page, do the following substeps if the Cisco  Unified CM cluster has secondary servers, if Connection 8.5 or later is  configured to use both IPv4 and IPv6, or if you want to add a TFTP  server (required for Cisco Unified CM authentication and encryption).  Otherwise, skip to Step 11.

a. On the Edit menu, select Servers.

b. If you want to add a secondary Cisco Unified CM server, on the Edit Servers page, under SIP Servers, select Add. Otherwise, skip to Step 10e.

c. Enter the following settings for the secondary Cisco Unified CM server and select Save.

Table 6-26     Settings for the SIP Servers 

Field
Setting

Order

Enter the order of priority for the Cisco Unified CM server. The lowest  number is the primary Cisco Unified CM server, the higher numbers are  the secondary servers.

IPv4 Address or Host Name (Connection 8.5)

Enter the IPv4 address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

You must enter an IP address or host name in this field, or an IP  address or host name in the IPv6 Address or Host Name field (or, if  applicable, enter information in both fields). You cannot leave both  fields blank.

IPv6 Address or Host Name (Connection 8.5)

Enter the IPv6 address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

You must enter an IP address or host name in this field, or an IP  address or host name in the IPv4 Address or Host Name field (or, if  applicable, enter information in both fields). You cannot leave both  fields blank.

Note IPv6 is supported for SIP integrations with Cisco Unified CM 8.5(1) and later.

IP Address or Host Name (Connection 8.0)

Enter the IP address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

Port

Enter the IP port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are  integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use the  default setting.

TLS Port

Enter the TLS port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are  integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use the  default setting.

d. If applicable, repeat Step 10b. and Step 10c. for an additional Cisco Unified CM server in the Cisco Unified CM cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/cucintcucmsip060.html#wp1132738

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

In addition to great post by Rob (+5), you need to make sure that the CUCM Group applied to the Device Pool of the SIP trunk includes all these Subs or better yet check "Run on All Nodes" checkbox on the SIP trunk and Route List if you are running recent version of CUCM, i.e. 8.5 or newer.

HTH,

Chris

I would exercise caution with "Run on All Nodes" if you have a cluster with more than 3 nodes.  I have seen this function fail when you have a CallManager Group of 3 nodes, yet there is another subscriber node.  If you check "Run on All Nodes" the SIP trunk then seems to register to this 4th node and every 4th call to the system fails.

That is the benefit of that feature for cluster with many Subs. I have it working on several clusters with 8 CUCM Subs just fine. How was your port group in UCON defined? And did you check it on SIP trunk and RL?

Chris

Don't forget to reset your port group after you added the SUB IP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: