Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating CUCM with LDAP

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am planning on integrating CUCM with LDAP, what would be the PIN value for users once I integrate. I will be using EM on all phones, i hate to think I will have to go into each user and set the PIN for login to EM

Thanks

Nki

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.  You may use BAT tool to populate the PIN.

Michael

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

If the existing user ID matches with the LDAP user ID, PIN won't be reset.

Hope this helps.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

hi,

this is a new install, no existing users. so i need to configure pin for each user, the same way i have to set message digest for cups?

nki

Yes.  You may use BAT tool to populate the PIN.

Michael

Thanks

Nki

Hey Michael,

I used BAT user template to update the users PIN to default to their extension number, but it does not seem that the PIN for the LDAP users got updated.

Another question I have is even after updating a user PIN manually, I first have to login as the user, change their PIN before I can use it to successful login the user for EM. Seems very long winded, I am hoping someone can help me acheive this quicker.

Am I using BAT wrong and that's why the PIN is not getting updated for LDAP users?

Cheers

Nki

Depending on your CUCM version, you might run into some bugs.  The workaround was to diable LDAP authenticaiton, update PIN, then re-enable LDAP authentication.

As for the first time login, you may change the credential policy from CUCM so it doesn't require changing PIN on first login.

Michael

Thanks for the tips Michael,

Nki

Hi,

I used the wrong tab in BAT Users, instead of Update Users. Works now

Thanks

Nki