Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Video Conferencing with CUCM

cehr_itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction, assuming that what I what to achieve can be done!

We have a simple CUCM 9.1 setup for all company IP voice, using SIP trunks to connect to PSTN.  We've done away with ISDN and voice gateways completely on the CUCM side.

We also have a separate video conferencing setup, using Cisco \ Tandberg kit which is quite old.

The VC terminals are all Tandberg units, e.g. 990MXP's at s/w level 9.1.2

All the terminals are registered to a Cisco 2620XM Gatekeeper (12.3 (23))

There's an MCU also to manage multi-party streaming.  It's a Cisco product reporting as MC01A with s/w version 4.4.0.0.23. It has MP and EMP enabled.

Then there's an ISDN Gateway so that we can bring in external parties (IPVC-3526-GW1P) registered on the GK.

We're moving sites and rather than pay for more ISDN lines I want to find a way to integrate the VC solution with CUCM so that the MCU can make \ receive outgoing calls via CUCM and the SIP trunks.

I've successfully registered the MCU on CUCM, but all that means is CUCM has additional resources for conferencing.  I haven't take the next step of configuring CUCM to use the GK.. not sure what impact that might.

I've also looked at the Tandgerg 990's... they have a SIP option on them but I've no idea what I should be connecting them to.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Lee

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: