Helpful
Replies

Inter-Cluster Trunk + MTP Question

drbabbers
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

So here is my situation...

I have 2 CUCM 10.5 clusters separated by an IP WAN, I am planning to setup a H.323 based ICT with a supporting Route Pattern/List/Group to route calls between the 2 clusters.

When calls approach inbound from the PSTN to the ISDN Voice Gateway at Site A, I would want this call to be routed via the ICT to Site B, but the RTP stream itself to not consume a trunk at Site A and be 'moved' to Site B. I believe this is achieved using MTP Termination? Is this just a case of enabling MTP Termination Point on the ICT Trunk, and then the MTP resources in Site B will deal with the RTP stream?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/trunks.html#74888

MTPs are very useful for terminating media streams from other devices that make calls over trunks and for re-originating the media streams with the same voice payload; however, in such cases the IP address is changed to that of the MTP. 

Can anyone please assist?

Thanks!

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Either you misunderstood something OR I'm not getting you :)

If you are getting call on ISDN trunk at Site A, there is no way you can get gateway out of the voice stream. That is the gateway only which will convert your TDM call to RTP and RTP will first terminate at gateway only.

OR, please correct me if I didn't get you question correctly.

- Vivek 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
When calls approach inbound from the PSTN to the ISDN Voice Gateway at Site A, I would want this call to be routed via the ICT to Site B, but the RTP stream itself to not consume a trunk at Site A and be 'moved' to Site B.

I didn't get exactly what you want to achieve. In normal course as per you call flow, RTP direction will be;

Site A gateway (TDM) -> IP WAN -> Site B phone

Why do you want MTP here?

- Vivek

Thanks for the reply Vivek!

What I am trying to achieve is for the RTP Stream to not consume any ISDN trunks at Site A. I want the RTP stream to be 'migrated' as such to Site B. Site B has hardware/software MTP resources available with the cluster.

Does this make sense?

D

Either you misunderstood something OR I'm not getting you :)

If you are getting call on ISDN trunk at Site A, there is no way you can get gateway out of the voice stream. That is the gateway only which will convert your TDM call to RTP and RTP will first terminate at gateway only.

OR, please correct me if I didn't get you question correctly.

- Vivek 

Thanks for confirming Vivek!

D