cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercluster Trunk

rjunaid.sh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, i have two CUCM am trying to call from one CUCM to another CUCM for this i create intercluster trunk and created route pattern 94XX and and added that trunk into that pattern and then i register phone on with the extension 9401 and same procedure on the second CUCM with extension 9402, i have two softphone IP Communicator and IP blue one is registered with 9401 and other with 9402 but when i try call one sometime call just end randomly without showing any error and sometime it say High Traffic, what it could be ?? Any Idea ? 

And if something is wrong with my config then please point it out or tell me steps that involved in Intercluster Trunk call

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I simply wouldn't consider configuring CUCM without Partitions and CSSs.

So in your originating cluster let's say you have a partition with all the DNs in it, 8701 8702 8703 etc, for example , and also a Route Pattern 87XX then that route pattern will match any extension in the range 8700 to 8799, unless there's a local DN to match.  The problem comes if you set the same thing up at both ends, with only one partition in each cluster.  Let's say someone dials 8799 which doesn't exist on their cluster, the 87XX pattern will offer the call to the other cluster.  However if it doesn't exist there either, and it also has an 87XX pattern then the call will endlessly bounce between the two clusters.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version are your CUCMs?

When you say you created inrecluster trunk, is it H.323 based ICT or SIP trunk? If your CUCMs are version 8.6+ you should use SIP trunks.  

Since you have extensions 8401 on one cluster and 8402 on another and you state you created route pattern that points to the ICT, I hope you did not make it 84XX or 840X as that could create infinite look depending on how you structured your partitions and calling search spaces.  In fact the CSS applied to the inbound trunk should not have access to a partition that can take the call back to the other cluster as that might cause infinite loop.  

I would suggest for testing create explicit route pattern i.e. 8401 to point to other cluster, where that DN is defined and retest.

Hey, thanks for replying am using 11.6 

and i tired with your method, but nothing work i created SIP intercluster trunk and created 84XX route patteren and created 8412 extension then i try to call on another extension that is on other cucm and that's just simple extension no pattern associated with it it's very frsutrating for me coz once i did that test successfully  and now am unable to that

Can you please tell step by step configuratioin?

You need to set up Partitions and CSSs properly for this to work.   For example and assuming you're calling from extension 9001 on Cluster A to extension 8412 on Cluster B ...

On Cluster A

CSS of 9001 needs to include Partition that contains Route Pattern 84XX

On Cluster B

CSS of Trunk needs to include Partition containing extension 8412.

Hey tony, i try to follow your steps but nothing happen can you please tell important step? 

Firstly, even if you think you already did so, do a reset on the trunk on both CUCM clusters.

Assuming no joy, and making a guess that you're not familiar with CUCM, I suggest you enable the Dialled Number Analyser service on both clusters and use that to check your configuration.

Access DNA from the URL <publisher IP>/dna

On the source cluster, select Analyse / Phones and select your source phone 9001.  Select the first line, and put in 8412 as dialled number, then select "Do Analysis".   What you're looking for is it matching your 84XX pattern and routing to the trunk.

If that looks OK we need to look at the destination cluster.

Hey tony, i admit i don't have much knowldge of CUCM but am trying to get, and i remember last time i successfully test intercluster without creatng any css, i just did this:

—Create Inter-cluster Trunk

—Create Route Pattern 8781(87XX)

—Add trunk in this pattern

—Register Phone

Now the thing am confused about is phone confguration like on both sde of cucm we need to add partition in DN or we just we need simple phone without any partition and also i assume i confgure route parttion for Any DN and add that DN in partition and that partition will check CUCM for this DN and when he didn't find any DN he will automatically send to call to another CUCM with the help trunk that we created and on the other side we will just create that DN and then CUCM will accept this call simply, i thought that will work 

I simply wouldn't consider configuring CUCM without Partitions and CSSs.

So in your originating cluster let's say you have a partition with all the DNs in it, 8701 8702 8703 etc, for example , and also a Route Pattern 87XX then that route pattern will match any extension in the range 8700 to 8799, unless there's a local DN to match.  The problem comes if you set the same thing up at both ends, with only one partition in each cluster.  Let's say someone dials 8799 which doesn't exist on their cluster, the 87XX pattern will offer the call to the other cluster.  However if it doesn't exist there either, and it also has an 87XX pattern then the call will endlessly bounce between the two clusters.