Views
Helpful
Replies

Interdigit Timeout change for only a group of Cisco Phones

michaelrizk
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

All Cisco Docs are talking about changing Interdigit Timeout in the Call manager service parameters which will affect all Phones in the business.

I want to decrease the Interdigit Timeout for a specific group of Cisco phone Not all the phones !!

Any suggestions ?

Appreciate your responses

Michael

4 Replies 4

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Unfortunately, there is only one parameter for interdigit timeout.  So T302 is T302 for all devices.  Only exception to this is enbloc dialing.  But with some of the dialplan improvements planned for CUCM 10.0, Cisco might be able to address some of the issues that are the basis for this request.  If you don't mind, can you elaborate on this request...which phones need shorter time and what patterns/numbers are overlapping, perhaps we can address the problem.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Thanks Dan for you reply,

Actually I look after Telephony in a group of nursing homes and the residents are using Cisco 7911 and staff are using Cisco 7924/41 and they are sharing the same In-dial range and Partion.

And we got a feedback that Residents are not able to Dial the number (too quick for them) i thought of changing the interdigit timeout to give them so time to dial but this will affect all users in other sites as well ...

Hopefully Cisco can find a solution that:

1- gives flexibltiy in using interdigit per group of cisco Phones (grouped by DN)

2- the interdigit timeout shouldn't affect the time the call will be connected after dialing the last digit

Thanks again for your reply

Michael

Network Engineer

It sounds as if you may have an amiguity in your dial plan as this is the only time the interdigit timeout comes into play. Once you are done dialing the call should be immediately ringing without the timer. The timer is used if there is more than one potential match (e.g.): 918004440000 and 9180044400001 (note the extra digit at the end would cause CUCM to wait after the last 0 to see if I was going to dial the 1). WIthout the 2nd pattern the call would go through as soon as the last 0 was dialed.

Michael,

This type of issue is typically seen in international deployments where the country has a variable length dialing plan or for international calls.  In a well defined dialplan (like the US), this should not be an issue.  So I have to agree with the previous posting that your dialplan has overlap or ambiguity that is leading to interdigit timeouts.  In my 14 years working on this product, this is the first time I have heard the request for T302 to be unique to a set of devices.  Although I will not rule out the option of setting T302 on a device/group of devices basis, I think it would be better to look at your current dial plan to see what and why you have the ambiguity in your dialplan to avoid the interdigit timeout once a user has completed their dialing. 

Can you please indicate which dialing patterns are encountering interdigit timeout at the root of the issue at this location.  Also, to keep this community uncluttered, please email me the information to me directly (dakeller@cisco.com) and then we can summarize the findings back into this posting for others to read.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: