Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent voicemail access

oneill-james
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Recently we have found a problem with our voicemail access. Currently with CUCM we are running version 7.1.3.32900.

What seems to be happening is that when we check our voicemails, we get a busy tone. This occurs almost every second time we go into our voicemails and is not limited to individual users. I check my voicemail once and it connects, hang up and try again and I get a busy tone.

The voicemail is on a separate cluster to the Call Manager itself and both are connected by a SIP trunk.

Not sure if there is any workaround to this or if something has been posted similarly.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Patrick Hayes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think we need some more details here before being able to offer any suggestions. What are you using for voicemail, Unity? How is it integrated to the other CUCM cluster? Have you verified whether the same thing happens if you try it on the same cluster as the voicemail system? Once the system is in this state, what do you do to get it to accept another call?  If you just have to wait, how long does it take? Did this ever work properly? Etc.

-Pat

If you have two servers alternating between each other, you can narrow it down to make only one them available and test out whether the second attempt is successful? there are many design scenarios regarding how you've configured voicemail ports etc comes into play.

HTH