cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal extension not connecting to voicemail

john_earnest
Level 1
Level 1

So my issue that I am having relates to voicemal. I have attached the router config and the cue config for review. I currently am only working with on number 3010, This will be expanded upon sucessful completion of this testing.

The number 3010 can receive a external PSTN call and the call routes correctly forwarding to teh voice mailbox with no issues. The user receives the standard greeting and can leave a voice mail. The issue is when a call from a internal extension in this case either a 30xx or 50xx happens the call is sent to the ID login prompt. We would like to have it go to voice mail.

I am attaching configs for the router and the cue for reivew and helpfull comments.

Thakn you for your help in advance.                  

4 Replies 4

john_earnest
Level 1
Level 1

Updated information I am able to call  from a 30xx extension and obtain the proper voicemail prompt just not from a external extension like 50xx. So maybe the 50xx router is not processing the call correctly or sending the proper signal. Any thoughts?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Have you tried forwarding 3010 to 8000 instead of 5188? Just a thought

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Rob,

Good point I did try that and continue to have the same issue. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that it works properly as long as the call is from the voice gateway router or from a outside caller that terminates on that router as well but if the call comes from another voice gateway different extension the call goes to the ID login prompt.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

This isn't my area of expertise (not sure if any are ) but when i first looked at your

configs I wondered if this wasn't causing the issue;

dial-peer voice 5000 voip

destination-pattern 50..

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.50.31.10

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

It seems that CUE is getting the clid of the calling number like 50xx and trying the sign-in

rather than forwarding to the proper mailbox??

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen