cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interview Handler/Public Folder Question

Jason Pennell
Level 4
Level 4

I have Unity 3.1.5 in a Unified Messaging deployment with Exchange 2000. I just tried implementing an Interview Handler with a Distribution List (which has one subscriber and one public folder in it)as the recipient and only the subscriber gets the message. Why isn't it going into the Public Folder as well?

I created a Public Distribution list in Active Directory and mail enabled it. I then added a public folder and one person to this Distribution List. I imported the Distribution list into Unity, created a call handler and assigned the distribution list as the call handler's owner and message recipient. This all works great and has been for months now. The after greeting action on the call handler is set to take a message and when a message is left it goes into the subscriber's voicemail and the public folder. When I use the Interview Handler it only goes to the subscriber and not into the public folder.

What can I do to troubleshoot this? It looks like I am set up ok on the exchange side and I do have this working on a call handler.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity isn't doing anything funky here - we just send the message like you would from an outlook client. If you send an email from outlook to that same public distribution list, does the message go to the public folder? My first guess is the setup on the AD side for the public folder is not configured properly to send messages to it directly - but that's just a guess.

Thank you for your reply. I just had someone send a test email to that distribution list and they verified that both the person and the folder received the message. So it looks like AD setup is ok, plus I have that call handler that is using it. It seems to have something to do with the Interview Handler unless I'm missing something here. Also if we set the recipient of the Interview Handler as a subscriber then it delivers the message fine.

Do you have any other thoughts or is there any tool or trace I can use to determine what is happening?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: