cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS UPGRADATION IN CUCM CLUSTER VER 7.1.5b(Su5)

Sandipan Khatke
Level 1
Level 1

HI ,

I am going to upgrade CUCM IOS ver from 7.0.2.20000-5 up to 7.1.5b(Su5) . but at customer end two CUCM is configured in Cluster .

about this activity i have some queries as follows .

1) I am don't know the IOS up gradation procedure . kindly share any document .

2) There is any chance to crash , when i am start the uploading ios in CUCM Publisher , it is directly affect on both publisher & subscriber .

after uploading IOS in publisher it is automatically synchronize with subscriber if yes plz let me HOW ??

otherwise required to follow  the same ios uploading process as publisher in subscriber .

BR ,

Sandipan .

2 Replies 2

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have a look at the following link it has the upgrade process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_5/cucm-rel_notes-715.html

I would always backup before any upgrade.

When you start the upgrade CUCM will build the new version on a 2nd partition on the hard disk. So it is possible to switch versions back to your original if you need to. However if you follow the procedure you should be fine.

Good luck.

Matty

Hello Sandipan,

About your questions:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1) I am don't know the IOS up gradation procedure . kindly share any document . - Check the guide mmoulson1 send to you!

2)  There is any chance to crash , when i am start the uploading ios in  CUCM Publisher , it is directly affect on both publisher &  subscriber .

after uploading IOS in publisher it is automatically synchronize with subscriber if yes plz let me HOW ??

otherwise required to follow  the same ios uploading process as publisher in subscriber .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2) With planning will be difficult to have surprises, the uppgrade patch need to be applied at each server on the cluster. Once you instal at Publisher you will need to make the same procedure on the Subscribers.

Follow the procedure:

1 Backup of the CUCM Cluster

2 Download the CUCM Version that you need

3 Upload the new CUCM Version on the Publisher and Subscrivers at the Inactive Partition.

Do not reboot after install on each server.

4 After upload the update at all servers, do the switch version first on the Publisher and then on the Subscribers

5 Check the services status on both servers

6 Check the database replication on the cluster

7 Check if all IP Phones register on the cluster

8 Test the features that you have (EM, External and Internal calls, Call Park, MeetMe....)

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Rate this if helps!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: