Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 7 One way audio issue

Polo.Lennon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys.

I have some issues with the IP Communicator. If i call to any external number or even to other IP communicators, the call works great and audio goes both ways. However, calling an IP Phone (7941, 7911, etc), the audio from the ip communicator towards the IP Phone does not work. I can hear the other party well but they can't hear me. However. If i create a conference calling IP Phones, NOW they can hear me.

For example, i call a 7941 (hard phone) from my IP Communicator, i hear them well but they can't hear me. I put them on hold while i call another 7941 ip phone to put them in conference. Once we are all in conference, they can hear me well.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Do i need to change something or enable something on the Call Manager? I don't think that its a routing or firewall issue since, as i said, when placed in a conference, they can hear me very well. If routing was wrong or ports were blocked, they would never be able to hear me. At least that's my understanding.

Here's the list of the devices i'm working with:
IP Communicator 7.0.6.0
Call Manager: 5.0.1
IP Phones: 7941 and 7911

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likey, it's caused by VPN or firewall.

Jan Wachsmuth
Level 1
Level 1

Try to ping the Ip -address of thr 79xx phone to see if it's a routing issue, check routing table on PC, check ACLs on Layer-3 swich.

Conferencing might be done by CUCM, so RTP stream is not directly between phones.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Tiger
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to figure out what the problem was??