Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Help with CUCM 7.1.5

shabali52
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the CISCO IP Communicator, added it to the CUCM 7.1.5 phones list and when I am trying to configure it on my laptop, the network .... preferences tab is greyed out so thats why I am unable to input the IP address of my TFTP servers.

On my laptop I am getting the IP via a DHCP server. Can someone help me with this? Why is my network preferences tab greyed out?

Thanks, Kind Regards

3 Replies 3

Pavel K
Level 1
Level 1

Had this problem.

Reinstall Ip Communicator will help.

axg85429
Level 1
Level 1

Which release of IPComm did you install?
What's the laptop's OS are you running?

If it helps, I ran across a similar issue on IPCom Rel 7.1.4/5 on Win7.  If you just double click the icon, those fields would be grayed out However, if you right click on the IPComm exe file and select "Run as Administrator".  That would allow you to change the TFTP Server Fields.  End Users will just typically just double click to run, so the IPComm app must be preconfigured.  A workaround is to update the registry keys that IPComm uses, that works as well, but the IP in is HEX.

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Is this run on Windows 7? Make sure to set CIPC run as Admininistrator.

Dat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: