cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Fax Configuration Wizard fails to copy CsIPFax

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Initially when the latest IPFaxConfiguration was installed on Unity 4.0.4, an error occured prior to completing the installation and just before installing the rendering application.

The error stated that the installation was unable to copy the CsIPFax. However, I was able to install the service from the cmd prompt, and configure the service to automatic startup and specify the appropriate login privilages.

Inbound faxing appears to be working fine, however outbound faxing fails. I have verified that the message is being sent to the fax-out mailbox, but does not appear to be polled by Unity.

Although the IP Fax Polling is configured to three minutes, no enteries are evident in the IpFaxSvc log for outbound, only inbound.

The outbound fax test works successfully, and logs into the fax-out account with no problem, I know the fax test does not use the CsIPFax service, but could someone explain why CsIPFax is not polling the outbound fax-box ??

Allan.

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may help, if you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/out-fax-ts.html

If you look at the registry, in HKLM\Software\Active Voice\IpFaxRouter\1.0, do you see OutboundActive = 1? If not, you should run the config tool (Start>Programs > Unity> Cisco Unity IP Fax Configuration Wizard) and make sure it's looking at the right account and has outbound enabled.

Also, you may want to add a DiagLevel DWORD and set it to 3. No restart is required, but you can check the logs to see if anything more is shown. If possilbe, attach a sample of it.

The other possibility is that when you did the install, it didn't actually copy the file and it's now running a version that doesn't support outbound faxing. If you find the CsIpFaxSvc.exe, right click and select properties. Go to the Version tab and make sure the File version is the same as the version you're trying to install (must be at least 2.0 for outbound support, I believe).

I had already configured the registry entry DiagLevel, which unfortunately failed to provide an valueable information as to why the Fax-Out mailbox was not being polled.

I have since managed to resolve the problem by running the fax configuration wizard again. However prior to running the wizard this time, I changed the CsIpFaxSvc.exe attributes by removing the read-only option.

After changing the attributes on this file, the wizard was able to copy the CsIpFaxSvc and complete the installation normally. Following the install, I found that the service was successfully polling the fax-out mailbox.