Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone Sip third party unregistered on cucm

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

I have a ip phone sip third party gigaset c530 ip.

I can register this sip third party on cucm publisher, without problem ,  but when i register it on both cucm publisher and subscriber,  the phone can't register.

I would like to configure it on both , because i need redundancy , if publisher down the ip phone can register on subscriber. 

Could you help me ? 

Best regards 

Akram 

2 Replies 2

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Akram,

You cannot register a phone to two Call Manager servers at the same time. Phones register to only one server at a time.

Cisco phones receive their list of CM servers through the config file and this is how they know which is their primary, secondary and tertiary server (as defined by their Call Manager Group which assigned on the device pool). They always register to the primary only, unless it goes down. If the primary isn't available, then they would register to the secondary and so on.

Since third-party phones don't receive their configuration through CUCM, perhaps it is something that you need to configure on the phone itself. Please refer to your phone's vendor documentation. 

As say Kaloyan you can't register 3rd party SIP device with several servers at cluster.

I can't find any information at Gigaset manual for redundacy server for lines. But you can try to make DNS round robin balancing or use load banancer (for example Nginx).

For DNS it will be several A records with same name and different IPs(Pub and Subs).

For Nginx you will need to forward 5060 to live server. But it must be checked.

Be ready
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: