Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC extension set with PCP 11.6

vladpetra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We deployed PCP 11.6 for our client. UCCX agents will be provisioned with PCP. 

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to set the "IPCC extension" in the "End User" profile.

Can anyone advise if there is some kind of workaround instead of configuring the user on CUCM side, after the profile had been provisioned?

Regards and thanks in advance,

Vlad

4 Replies 4

mikeputz1
Level 1
Level 1

I have never heard of being able to set the IPCC extension outside of Call manager.  Even if you could, someone would still have to go into the RmCm admin account to add the device.  And there's no way PCP would be able to do that.  In my environment, the people using Provisioning create the phones/lines then tell the engineers the user ID, which extension is the agents and they go from there.  Whoever is associating the agent with the CSQ should likely configure them as agents.

I appreciate what you are saying, however It is very annoying when the workflow that manages the users and endpoints in PCP has no ability to just make two additional changes that would alleviate "the engineers" from having to go back and perform a mindless task.  This is a glaring oversight in PCP that needs to be resolved.

I was just looking under Infrastructure configuration from PCP, and it looks like there is a section to update the RMCM admin account with agent devices as well as end user configuration.  I'm curious if you have any luck with this, as I'm unable to open Call Manager from PCP.  I receive a timeout error every time I try. 

Sathishbabu Muthalagan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vlad,

Adding IPCC Extension via PCP is not supported yet by PCP. Here is a feature request raised and the status is still open: CSCup95896.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: