Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone behaviour in Background mode

krizvite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

we are facing an issue with apns on iPhones. If I have a mobile phone and J4W in controlled devices.

CUCM APNS was setup correctly, I have CUCM 12.5SU3. iOS 14, Jabber for iOS 12.9.5

If I call, APNS will bring Jabber on Foreground mode. The user and both jabber are ringing. I will accept the call in 1-2s on the j4w, iphone will continue ringing +-20s even the call is connected on j4w. 
If I wait like +-5s and then accept the call on the j4w everything works fine.

Do you know, if this is a known issue regarding apns for Apple?

1 Accepted Solution
9 Replies 9

Do you by any chance happen to use Mobile Connect, aka Single Number Reach (SNR), with RDP/RD in combination with TCT for Jabber?

If you do I would recommend you to switch to use of TCT with MI (Mobile Identity) instead as that enables CM to dynamically enable/disable SNR if it detects that the TCT is active/registered. With that you would not get dual calls, as you do now, one to Jabber (or Webex if you use the new version and have UCM calling enabled) and then another to the cell phone number via the SNR function. What TCT with MI does is to turn off mobile connect if it detects that the soft client (Jabber or Webex) is active in the CM system and that stops the call to the cell phone number to go out in parallel to the on-prem call.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, nope just two devices controlled by one person. 
I will open a tac case for this issue.

BR, Vit 

If you don't use any variant of SNR how do you then get the call to ring on both devices when a call is received on the office number?

Response Signature

Well im sorry if Im wrong, but I configure under controlled devices J4W and TCT to one user. Both devices have the same number but no  RDP/RD is configured in this scenario. If I call this user, both devices are ringing. iPhone has normally a delay bcs of apns and bringing the app from Background to Foreground mode. But after that I can decide where I pick the call. MI is not used in this scenario and there is no dual call established for the iphone. Just Webex/ Jabber.

Clear, then I misunderstood. Sorry.

Response Signature

If the user use  J4W and Android,  do you have  same  behaviour  ?

Response Signature

nope Android is working fine. Even iPhone is working fine if I let the phone 5 sec ringing. I will open a TAC Case to this topic today..

Hi ,

did you able to resolve the issue yet? 

Regards,