cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA issue

chingkiatlee
Level 1
Level 1

My client faced a issue which Everytime he added new assistant or any new manager ipma, he need to restart the ipma service inversion 5.1. This happen same thing in version 8.5, any idea?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lee,

I believe this is the expected requirement

To add or update new manager-assistant associations to Cisco CallManager database, use the following procedure.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose Bulk Administration > Managers/Assistants > Insert Managers/Assistants. The Manager/Assistant Options window displays.

Step 2 In the File Name field, choose the CSV data file that you created for this bulk transaction.

Step 3 If the managers use extension mobility to log in, check the Configure managers as mobile managers check box.

Step 4 When all the phones have shared lines, check the Uses shared lines check box.

Step 5 In Insert Options area, choose the type of CSV data file that you created:

Default—If you created a standard CSV data file, choose the type of associations for this transaction based on the data in the CSV file.

Associate one or more assistants to a manager

Associate one or more managers to an assistant

Custom—If you created a custom CSV data file for proxy mode.

Step 6 In the Job Information area, enter the Job description.

Step 7 To insert the managers/assistants immediately, click the Run Immediately radio button or, to insert the managers/assistants at a later time, click Run Later.

Step 8 To create a job for inserting the managers/assistants records, click Submit.

Step 9 Use the Job Scheduler option in the Bulk Administration main menu to schedule and/or activate this job.

For more information on jobs, see the "Scheduling Jobs."

Note For information on log files, see "BAT Log Files" section.When BAT performs an update to an assistant or manager configuration and the changes are only partially completed—because there were not enough available lines—the whole transaction record fails.

Step 10 For changes to take effect, you must restart Cisco IPMA service.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_0_1_cucm501/t06inmgr.html#wpxref72155

Here is the 8.5 info;

IPMA Service Restarts

Previously, the IPMA service did not reflect changes that were made in the Unified CM Admin user interface or in the directory until the service got restarted. This was the case for:

User name changes

User locale changes

User ID changes

Each time the IPMA service got restarted, all assistants got logged out.

Because of changes that were made in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, it is not necessary to restart the IPMA service in the above cases.

If a restart does occur, IPMA now preserves the authentication state and availability status of the user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsipma.html#wp1203946

Cheers!

Rob

chingkiatlee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

Thank for you guide. Really appreciate it.

Is it any issue if my ipma server is pointed to my subscriber when user is enter the services?

I mean my active CTI is pointed to publisher for the ipma user. But I do created the ipma key to point to my subscriber.

Once my user is pressed the backup ipma key, the phone will get restarted.

Thank you

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App