cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is a dedicated TFTP pair needed for mostly Jabber only solution for 10K clients?

Karl Schuman
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a design with two clusters, one in the US and one in the EU. Each will eventually have ~10K users that are mostly Jabber clients. They may end up with 500-1000 hard phones on each cluster but as Cisco preferred architecture and SRND recommend a dedicated TFTP server pair with more than 1250 users, I am thinking this means hard phones using TFTP and that they don't need dedicated TFTP servers in this solution.

This is a Jabber phone only deployment but they will have Expressway for MRA only, plus CUC, and all apps are 12.5. Can someone confirm whether I should include them or not?

Thanks, Karl

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good to have a dedicated TFTP server in the case of large scale deployment as dedicated role, rather rely on different overloaded system.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SRND means ANY device that uses TFTP to get configuration files, based on your question, do you think jabber does NOT use TFTP to get the configuration files?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good to have a dedicated TFTP server in the case of large scale deployment as dedicated role, rather rely on different overloaded system.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks BB, appreciate the quick reply.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SRND means ANY device that uses TFTP to get configuration files, based on your question, do you think jabber does NOT use TFTP to get the configuration files?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java, I was thinking more about the UDS discovery and service profile and not about the Jabber-config.xml files. Someone took me down the wrong path but I am good now. Thanks for the clarification.