cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is a device reset necessary after SQL update?

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

All, 

I am updating DN partition and device name via SQL, do I need to reboot the devices for changes to take effect? 

In general, how do changes take effect when updating via sql(immediate or after application of config) 

is there a re a way to have a device grab new config via SQL? 

2 Replies 2

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adan,

Information you are updating is stored in IMDB, a database CUCM build at the time Call Manager process starts.

Change Notification is how changes are informed to different process in CUCM. Change Notification created a queue into which xml messages are inserted. The DBMon process manages a thread which records and services subscriptions made by applications for Change Notification. IMDB is a library which itself utilizes Change Notification subscriptions to maintain current cached data. For each enqueued change event, DBMon will message to the impacted subscribers and then discard the enqueued xml record.

Having said above updating through SQL is not the recommended way. Having being said that the worse that can happen is you would have to reset devices for them to the change.

If you are not making any change to the parameter that are sent to device on config file you don't need to reset the endpoint in most cases.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hi Jitender, 

Very thorough explanation which is helpful and I appreciate! Thanks! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: