Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is CUCM supported in VM vCloud envonment

Looking to move CUCM/UC/IM&P/UCCX into a new virtual Data Center.  

The DRaaS provider uses VM's vCloud for management. 

Will these servers be supported here instead of vCenter?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is not supported. For sure you can open a SR with TAC to check, but it’s 100% sure that you will get the same answer.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Requirements are listed here

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/collaboration-virtualization-hardware.html

The only supported cloud option is UCM cloud, any other options are not tested and not supported. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What I have found is that VM vCloud Director is actually controlling multiple vCenters under the covers, so we should be OK.

Jaime,

If I am reading the document, it sounds like directly managing CUCM/UC/... from vCloud Foundation is not supported, but as you say, vCloud Director is actually managing multiple vCenters which are then managing the CUCM... it should be supported.

Do I need to open a TAC case to get a final read on this?  My internal Cloud people are dragging their feet because Cisco Document is saying it is not supported.

Thanks

It is not supported. For sure you can open a SR with TAC to check, but it’s 100% sure that you will get the same answer.

Response Signature

Daniel Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the exact same situation, fighting the same battle.  Our DRaaS provider runs VMware Cloud Director for our interface, but is managing VMware vSphere ESXi hypervisors underneath.  I went to our Cisco SE (who consulted the BU) and had this to say, "In speaking with the business unit about it, there are some non-trivial implications that these platforms introduce. As such, its different from deploying a true ESXi environment."

The way we are “getting around it” is we are putt8ng a BE6k or 7k and managing it outside the Cloud Director. Not the best but a workable solution.

Daniel Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

We're in the process of prepping and shipping UCS gear now too.  Turns out our DRaaS provider said they couldn't comply with requirement to reserve/hardcode HDD, CPU, memory etc. in their environment.  That's a showstopper regardless of whether or not there's a vCloud management layer involved.