cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is I need Mobility advantage with CM 8.5?

tonysamir
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir:

i check CUCM version 8.5 Data sheet and i found it include the mobility advantage functionality

So my question is i need mobility advantage server for Cisco mobile clients or not according to the last change

i want to know the sizing of the mobility advantage if it will be on call manager and if i need ASA or what is the exact requirement for Cisco Mobility clients

What is the licences need for Cisco mobile client as i didn't find more information about this issue as i read it as one presentation slide in CUCM 8.5 presentation?

So please help me in this issue with more detail on how to design mobility Advantage solution

Regards;

TS

18 Replies 18

Cisco has support for Windows Mobile 6.0 and 6.1 Standard Edition via the Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator Application, which requires the Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage server. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps7271/data_sheet_c78-502296.html

The new, direct connect applications such as Cisco Mobile and Cisco Jabber do not work with Windows Mobile.

Good luck,

Mark

Hi Srini,

I have SO No.how to get licenses .and will be thankful if u can provide configuration steps.

Thanks

Ramgopal  (ramgopalg87@gmail.com)

steven1066
Level 4
Level 4

This is a great thread and thank you to all of the contributors.

I have one question, simple I hope:

Do you require to purchase any licenses for CUCM when using BB and the MVS?  In other words, do I need Enhanced or Adjunct UCL?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Yep enhanced if primary device and adjunct if secondary using UCL or CUWL PRO gives you rights for dual mode devices plus other items that come with PRO

Thanks

Srini