cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to integrate 3rd party WiFi phones with UC Manager Express 8.6?

juan.astudillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to integrate 3rd party WiFi SIP phones to the Unified Communications Manager Express v8.6.

I found these licenses:

NameCatalog NumVendorDescriptionUnit
Price
SW-CCME-UL-3PSIPM=SW-CCME-UL-3PSIPM=CiscoCallManager Express UL For Multi Line 3rd Party SIP Phone300,00
SW-CCME-UL-3PSIPS=SW-CCME-UL-3PSIPS=CiscoCallManager Express UL For Single Line 3rd Party SIP Phones150,00

But I'm not sure if they will work.

My client has 20 WiFi SIP phones WPU-7800 by UniData and I would like to know if these phones will work with the UC Manager Express.

These phones support IEEE RFC3261 SIP.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Juan Diego Astudillo D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dave

CME licenses are Right to use and honor based. you would know how many licenses you have purchased per the SKU. So if you have purchased 20 seat licenses and if you have 10 registered users/phones, then you still have 10 more available seats.

"show ephone registered" shows you how many phones are regisered in SCCP

Thanks

Mili

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mili Daftary-Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CME supports 3rd party SIP phones, however no testing has been done by cisco. We guide the end customer / system integrator to perform the testing of these phonses with CME before deployment.

Above user licenses will be required for 3rd party phone registration.

Thanks

Mili

From the CME how do you tell how many of these licenses you already have installed ?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

CME licenses are Right to use and honor based. you would know how many licenses you have purchased per the SKU. So if you have purchased 20 seat licenses and if you have 10 registered users/phones, then you still have 10 more available seats.

"show ephone registered" shows you how many phones are regisered in SCCP

Thanks

Mili

Hi Mili,

I've seen this thread and I have a customer with similar question. Is there a config guide for 3rd party SIP phone registration?

Thanks,

Rešad

Take a look at this thread as an example

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/104646

Thanks

Srini

Thanks,

I just forwarded same to customer few minutes ago

Cheers,

Rešad

Hello Juan,

I just registered a WPU-7800 wifi phone to the CUCM 8.6 (not the CMExpress).

I can receive calls with the phone.. but when I try to place calls, it does not work... I'm using it as a shared line.. not sure if this is the problem...

Do you know if there is there any specific configuration to make it work ?

I'm hearing the "your call cannot be completed as dialed" .. but .. as a shared line .. it should be working because my deskphone works..

ow..  I just testes without shared line.. still does not work...

Thanks.

Andrei.

Andrei,

This community does not provide technical support and is not staffed with technical support experts. I recommend you post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa) where our Cisco technical support experts provide debugging assistance. Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert debugging assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

This is CUCM and not CME

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: