cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to password protect call handlers in Unity Connection?

Bwilson13
Level 1
Level 1

Hello UC community,

I wanted to know if it's possible to secure call handlers in Unity Connection?  I currently have a call handler that's configured to do a vmail blast to all subscribers using a DL after a message is left.  Right now if someone were to discover the DN for this call handler they could leave a message for everyone in the organization. 

Thanks,

Bruce

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

No, there is no such feature, a CH purpose is to play a recording / take a message, if you want to leave a message for your entire organization do not use a CH, use the broadcast message feature instead, and only enable that feature to the administrator.

see:

System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x - Setting Up Broadcast Messaging in Cisco Unity Conn…

HTH

Regards,

Christian Nuche

TAC CSE

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

No, there is no such feature, a CH purpose is to play a recording / take a message, if you want to leave a message for your entire organization do not use a CH, use the broadcast message feature instead, and only enable that feature to the administrator.

see:

System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x - Setting Up Broadcast Messaging in Cisco Unity Conn…

HTH

Regards,

Christian Nuche

TAC CSE

Christian - thanks providing insight!  I'll review the broadcast message feature in Connection 9.1(version we're running).

Best,

Bruce