I mean for example 3x call managers in one culster, i need one CUCM virtual floating IP to be published to others system, in this case no matter any cluster member goes down, the virtual IP can be on line.
Seems impossible but i would like to have a enquiry here.
It depends why you want to do this:
1) For IP phones to get SCCP/SIP service, it's not required or desirable as CUCM will manage the failover of phones and allocation of phones based on CallManager groups etc.
2) For things like port 8080/8443 access to services like EM or other menus, it is possible. The functionality is not built into CUCM however, you would be expected to use a load balancer to achieve this.
Without a load balancer your other option is round-robin DNS:
- create an multiple A records for 'callmanager.yourdomain.com' for each of your CUCM servers
- point phone services, users and admins at that domain
- for this to work with SSL you must run 'set web-security' with the alternate hostname appended as the last parameter to get the 'virtual' hostname into the CSRs, and then reissue certificates to the servers. This will break your license MAC if you do it on the publisher.
Please rate helpful posts...